When it comes to prescribing bioidentical hormones, how can you be sure that your doctor knows what he or she is talking about?
Here is what physicians who work with bioidentical hormones should be doing. If yours is not working this way, you may want to keep searching for a doctor who is:
• They should not mix all the hormones in one cream. That doesn’t allow for changing ratios and adjustment to your needs.
• They should not be using only one pharmacy. You want a doctor who knows how to work with the hormones so that they can easily use FDA-approved hormones with compounded formulations.
• Testosterone, a great hormone for helping women feel good and build muscle, is not available in FDA-approved formulations. Don’t let your doctor tell you to take a little bit of a male dose. Have testosterone compounded in a formula for women.
• If you don’t feel like your old self within three months, you are with the wrong doctor. The beauty of bioidentical hormones is that they work very fast and the results are nothing short of magical.
• Don’t stay with a doctor who only works with hormones. This is the time in your life when you need serious support and advice about diet, exercise, lifestyle, and relationships. You can find a doctor who can become the right partner for you and address all these issues.
© 2022 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.