It has been said that: “a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich.” Well, if that is true then the FBI and Justice Department’s criminal investigation into the mishandling of classified materials with regard to Hillary Clinton as secretary of state are feeding from the all-you-can-eat buffet.
The news in the last few months has reported that there are as many as 100 to 150 FBI agents on the case. In addition, it was reported that a key Clinton aide who was responsible for the set up and maintenance of her home brewed private server used exclusively by Hillary for official State Department communications and who previously took the Fifth is now been granted immunity from criminal exposure in exchange for his testimony. It is also being reported that the FBI has broadened its investigation to include possible charges of corruption with regard to “pay to play” with donors to the Clinton Foundation.
A grand jury is made up of average citizens. I am sure they all have emails and are familiar with how they operate. This is not going to be hard for them to understand.
Many who will read this are average citizens with no specialized legal or forensic training. Knowing what you know about the facts and circumstances about the allegations of wrongdoing and the admissions that were made public – ask yourself the following questions about Hillary Clinton and her behavior. I believe after you do – you will have no choice to conclude that there is probable cause to believe she is guilty of numerous crimes. That does not mean she will be convicted – it means that evidence exists that crimes may be liable at a trial.
Here are some questions the FBI may want to pose to Hillary when they question her:
1. What government purpose was served in exclusively operating a private email for your official duties as secretary of state?
2. Who deleted your emails and were you personally aware of the content of each and every email that was deleted?
3. Why did you use a BlackBerry for your official business that was not approved by the State Department or the NSA?
4. Why did you not secure your non-secure BlackBerry in the lockers provided on the 7th floor of the Department of State as was required?
5. What were your personal interaction and/or direction to Byran Pagliano with regard to your official emails, servers, operations, installations, retention, and deletion of emails?
6. Why were "Top Secret" emails on your personal server?
7. How much was paid, who paid and who was paid for the set up of your private email operations as secretary of state?
8. Is that your signature on the bottom of the security form that sets forth your obligations with regard to the safeguarding of classified materials? Did you read it before you signed it? Did you understand it?
9. Why were emails that were clearly government related deleted without retention to the department of state?
10. To your knowledge at anytime did any non-government non-cleared persons ever have access to your server and communications devices and emails?
11. Do you recall taking the following oath with your hand on the Bible prior to assuming your duties of secretary of state? "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
12. Did you take that oath freely without reservation or purpose of evasion?
13. Can you say with any certainty that enemies, foreign and/or domestic did not hack into or obtain through other means any materials used in your official capacity as Secretary of State on your non-government email system and/or Blackberry?
14. Why during your tenure as secretary of state was the office of the Inspector General vacant?
15. Is it your contention that you were able to conduct all your duties and responsibilities as secretary of state relying solely on a private email and personal BlackBerry?
16. How did you receive classified material via communication devices when you were Secretary of State? Did it differ when you were traveling?
I have come to my own conclusion as to whether there exists enough evidence to indict Hillary. What is yours?
Bradley A. Blakeman served as deputy assistant to President George W. Bush from 2001-04. He is currently a professor of politics and public policy at Georgetown University and a frequent contributor to Fox News Opinion. Read more reports from Bradley Blakeman — Click Here Now.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.