×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Tags: saudi | clash | two | dead

Clash in Tense Saudi Region Leaves Two Dead

Thursday, 27 September 2012 06:02 PM EDT

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — A Saudi security official says two people were killed during a raid to arrest a wanted man in an oil-rich region that's been the scene of unrest by the country's Shiite minority.

The clash in the Qatif area comes as Saudi authorities try to root out suspected leaders of the protesters. Shiites claim they face discrimination and other abuses at the hands of the Sunni monarchy.

The official Saudi Press Agency reported on Thursday that the wanted man and a fellow gunman were killed during a gun battle. The report, citing an unnamed security official, says agents had traced them to a house on Wednesday.

More than a dozen people have been killed in clashes since late last year in Qatif, the kingdom's main oil export hub.

© Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


MiddleEast
A Saudi security official says two people were killed during a raid to arrest a wanted man in an oil-rich region that's been the scene of unrest by the country's Shiite minority.
saudi,clash,two,dead
130
2012-02-27
Thursday, 27 September 2012 06:02 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved