Paying for news on social media is not a popular option, according to a poll released Tuesday from Adobe and provided to Axios.
Fewer than 10 percent of those who responded to the poll said they would be very interested in paying for news on social media.
Two groups are particularly unlikely to pay for news that way, according to the poll:
- 86 percent of those over 35 years old.
- 83 percent of females.
The poll also found that more social media users get their news from Facebook:
- 60 percent of high school students.
- 55 percent of college students.
- 69 percent of young professionals.
- 49 percent of those 35 and older.
Twitter is the second-most popular way on social media to access news, the poll reported:
- 39 percent of high school students.
- 51 percent of college students.
- 41 percent of young professionals.
- 23 percent of those 35 and older.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.