Roseanne Barr is set to give her first TV interview since her ABC sitcom was canceled to Fox News host Sean Hannity.
Hannity announced that Barr would be a guest on Thursday's edition of his 9 p.m. Fox News program "Hannity." Hannity made the "big deal" announcement at the close of Tuesday's edition of "Hannity" but offered no other details.
“During the live interview, [Barr] will react to reports about the tweet that got her fired along with discussion of President Donald Trump,” according to a statement from Fox News.
Barr’s top-rated show, the reboot of 1990s sitcom “Roseanne,” was canceled earlier this year after Barr made a racist comment on Twitter about Obama aide Valerie Jarrett.
Barr said via Twitter that the ex-White House adviser was the child of the Islamist organization Muslim Brotherhood and the movie “Planet of the Apes."
A supporter of President Trump in real life and on her defunct show, Barr had said that she would not appear for a television interview because it was “too stressful” following the massive wave of backlash to her tweet. She apologized to Jarrett and the public after the tweet, but has since released a bizarre video defending herself for the comment.
“I thought the bitch was white!" Barr screams in the video. "I thought the bitch was white! F---!"
Earlier this week, ABC announced the Roseanne-less spin-off, “The Conners,” will premiere on Oct. 16.
© 2022 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.