Fox News Channel remained the cable news leader both in viewership and revenue in 2015, but CNN saw the biggest surge in viewers, according to the Pew Research Center
All cable news viewership rose, according to Pew, due partly to interest in the presidential election. But CNN got the biggest boost with an added 38 percent of evening viewers, taking it to a total of 712,000.
That still didn't catch Fox, whose evening viewership was up 3 percent to 1.8 million. MSNBC's evening viewership dropped 1 percent to 579,000.
Daytime viewership was up as well among the three top channels:
- Fox News: Up 7 percent to 1.2 million
- CNN: Up 17 percent to 517,000
- MSNBC: Up 8 percent to 321,000
As for revenue projections:
- Fox News: Up 14 percent to $2.3 billion
- CNN: Up 6 percent to $1.2 billion
- MSNBC: Up 3 percent to $518 million
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.