The Pentagon is considering asking for private donations to help pick up part of an estimated $10-30 million tab for a military parade President Donald Trump has requested, CNN reported.
The outlet, citing two unnamed sources, said the Pentagon is likely to look for donations for non-military components of the event.
According to CNN, the Army has prepared five different parade options for Trump to consider: "small, medium, heavy, hybrid, and a multimedia display."
The small or medium option would include troops stationed in Washington, D.C., in ceremonial units and equipment that is located nearby in Maryland and Virginia. The heavy option would require bringing in active duty troops, CNN reported.
Defense Secretary James Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have said they are developing options for the parade — something Trump brought up after seeing France's Bastille Day celebrations in Paris last year. Officials have said they could schedule the event on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11, with this year marking the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.