Fifty-two percent of Americans say President Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 46% say he should not be, a new Gallup poll reveals.
A June Gallup poll found 45% favored impeachment and removing Trump from office and 53% were opposed.
Here are how the new poll results, released Wednesday, break down:
- 6% of Republicans say Trump should be impeached and removed from office, compared to 7% in the June poll.
- 89% of Democrats say the president should be impeached and removed, compared to 81% in the June poll.
- 55% of independents say Trump should be impeached and removed, compared to 46% in the June poll.
- 39% approve of the way Trump is handling his job, compared to 57% who disapprove.
- 25% approve of the way Congress is handling its job — up from 18% from a September poll.
The poll, conducted Oct. 1-13, surveyed 1,526 people. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.