Rush Limbaugh came out swinging Wednesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, saying former President Bill Clinton is wrong in saying he and other hosts are fomenting extremism.
Limbaugh blamed Obama for the heightened tensions and said President Obama is an "authoritarian," who is intent on overthrowing the country.
Limbaugh also praised the tea party movement as a popular, legitimate response to Obama's big government initiatives.
Here are some key excerpts from Rush's show:
• "The country is being overthrown, ripped apart, transformed, right before our very eyes."
• "The reality is that it's the Obama crowd that doesn't like government, that doesn't like the country. It's the Obama crowd and all of their related groups that have been protesting for as long as I've been alive that don't like the country; the tea party people love this country."
• "I, a guy on the radio who can't raise anybody's taxes, can't send anybody off to war, I cannot do one thing -- I can't harm you economically, I can't do a damn -- I am treated as an enemy of the state."
• "Obama urges more opposition to us than he does Islamic terrorists."
• "What is it that's remarkable about the tea party is that it's the first time an uprising of common, ordinary, average everyday citizens since the Civil War has risen up like this."
© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.