Former Vice President Joe Biden leads all Democratic presidential hopefuls in California, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
And 66% of all voters in California say allegations that Biden touched women inappropriately are not a serious issue, while 27% say it is.
Here’s how Democratic voters in California ranked the Democrats in the presidential race:
- 26% back Biden, who has not announced his candidacy.
- 18% support Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
- 17% back Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
- 7 % back South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- 7% support Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
No other candidate received more than 4% in the poll.
Regarding claims by some women that Biden touched them inappropriately, the survey found:
- 55% percent of Republicans in California did not consider the allegations to be a serious issue, compared to 37% who did.
- 71% of Democrats did not consider them a serious issue, while 24% did.
- 68% of independents did not consider them serious, compared to 26% who did.
The poll, conducted April 3-8, surveyed 1,005 California voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.