President Donald Trump's approval rating is at 36 percent, according to a new CBS News poll released Tuesday.
That number is the lowest approval rating in CBS News surveys since the president took office.
- Feb. 21: 39 percent.
- March 29: 40 percent.
- April 10: 43 percent.
- April 26: 41 percent.
- Now: 36 percent.
The rating is partly due to Republicans showing less support for Trump between his 100-day mark and today, CBS News noted.
- Republican approval at 100 days: 83 percent.
- Republican approval in current poll: 72 percent.
Regarding his job performance, Trump's handling of the Russia investigation gained him the lowest ratings among how he handled other issues.
- Recent shooting: 46 percent.
- Terrorism: 44 percent.
- The economy: 42 percent.
- Russia investigations: 28 percent.
Across all parties, most voters believe Trump has been criticized more than recent presidents.
- Among all voters: 71 percent.
- Only Republicans: 85 percent.
- Only Democrats: 65 percent.
- Only independent voters: 68 percent.
The poll was conducted June 15 -18 among 1,117 adults, randomly selected nationwide.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.