More than half of Republican voters think President Donald Trump tweets too much, according to the latest Politico/Morning Consult poll.
According to the survey:
- 53 percent of GOP voters think Trump tweets too much.
- Overall, 69 percent of voters think he tweets too much.
- 41 percent of Republicans think Trump's use of Twitter is a good thing.
- 37 of Republican voters think Trump's use of Twitter is a bad thing.
The poll's release comes a day after Trump blasted the fake news media for trying to force him off of Twitter. However, the president's own allies are warning him to stop.
Further, the poll found that voters think there are other perils to Trump's twitter use:
- 57 percent think it hurts Trump's presidency.
- 51 percent think it hurts national security.
- 53 percent say it hurts the country's standing in the world.
- 48 percent say it hurts lawmakers' chances during midterms.
The Politico/Morning Consult poll surveyed 1,999 registered voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.