A new CNN/ORC poll
shows Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton maintaining her commanding lead, though she would face a challenge from the top three Republicans if a general election were held today.
Clinton's national support had been waning, but she was able to boost her numbers following Saturday's Democratic debate.
The poll talked to registered voters who are Democrats or independents who lean Democratic.
- Hillary Clinton: 50 percent
- Bernie Sanders 34 percent
- Martin O'Malley 3 percent
Here's how Clinton fares in head-to-head matchups with the top three Republicans among registered voters:
- Hillary Clinton has 49 percent against Donald Trump at 47 percent
- Hillary Clinton has 46 percent against Ted Cruz at 48 percent
- Hillary Clinton has 46 percent against Marco Rubio at 49 percent
The poll was conducted by phone December 17-21 and talked to 1,018 adults. The margin of error for the entire sample was plus-or-minus 3 percentage points. The margin for the 414 registered Democrats or Democratic leaning independents is plus-or-minus 5 percentage points.
© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.