Nearly seven in 10 Americans say President-elect Donald Trump's use of Twitter is a bad idea, an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll reveals.
Here are the poll highlights:
- 69 percent agreed that his use of Twitter is bad because "in an instant, messages can have unintended major implications without careful review."
- 26 percent agreed Trump's tweeting was good because "it allows a president to directly communicate to people immediately."
"The negative reviews of Mr. Trump's favorite social media tool aren't just partisan," The Wall Street Journal notes.
Here's how that breaks down:
- 47 percent of Republicans said his use of Twitter is a bad thing, compared to 46 percent who believe it is good.
- 89 percent of Democrats say his use of Twitter is bad, while 8 percent say it's good.
- 67 percent of independents say Trump's Twitter use is bad, compared to 27 percent who say it is good.
The survey of 1,000 adults was conducted Jan. 12-15 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points, according to the Journal.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.