A new Pew survey
released Friday shows striking differences between parties when it comes to which side's debates people are watching.
While large numbers of Democrats have been tuning into the GOP debates, the same cannot be said for Republicans showing interest in the showdowns on the left.
According to the Pew survey of those who have watched at least one debate:
- 70 percent of Democrats watched a Republican debate.
- 49 percent of Republicans watched a Democratic debate.
Overall, the survey showed that Republicans have an increased interest in debates than Democrats and Independents:
- 64 percent of Republicans have watched a debate.
- 53 percent of Democrats have watched a debate.
- 56 percent of Independents have watched a debate.
that among those who have watched at least one debate, an overwhelming 94 percent of Republicans have seen a GOP debate; 86 percent have seen a Democratic debate.
The survey notes that nearly nine in 10 Democrats watched debates on both sides while only 59 percent of Republicans did the same.
Politico notes that among the same group, 41 percent have only watched the Republicans battle — a extreme contrast to the 8 percent of Democrats who have only seen Democratic debates.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.