One day after denouncing the "disgusting" DirecTV move of "deplatforming" Newsmax, former President Donald Trump continued his rebuke of liberal media bias.
He specifically cited major liberal networks like CNN and MSNBC that have seen their ratings fall dramatically, but continue to get significant cable and satellite carriage.
"Cancel CNN & MSDNC (MSNBC)," Trump posted Thursday night on Truth Social. "Fake news should not be allowed to 'stink up' our airwaves! DirecTV, which is doing really badly, & AT&T, which is doing even worse, should be ashamed of themselves for dropping Newsmax and OAN.
"We should drop them!!!" Trump said, repeating his call for his supporters to cancel DirecTV and AT&T.
In two posts Thursday, Trump bashed the bias of AT&T and DirecTV, and their struggling bottom lines and "pathetically bad" ratings.
"I think that AT&T, which is heavily over $leveraged, and it's DirecTV, should cancel CNN & MSDNC (MSNBC) in that their ratings are so pathetically bad that it must be an embarrassment to be associated with them," Trump wrote first on Truth Social.
"Put Newsmax & OAN back on — the Republican Party demands it!!!"
DirecTV said it dropped both networks to save money for their customers.
Still, DirecTV continues to carry 22 liberal news channels, many with low ratings, and all get paid hefty license fees.
A Newsmax spokesman said that CNN and MSNBC get approximately 20 times the amount it was seeking as a fee, despite the fact Newsmax is the 4th highest cable news network and typically has half the ratings in any daypart.
Newsmax has blasted AT&T's decision to drop its channel as "a blatant act of censorship."
On Wednesday, Trump used his TruthSocial to blast AT&T DirecTV's decision to drop NEWSMAX, calling the move "disgusting."
Trump also stated he personally was canceling his DirecTV and other AT&T services.
The former president has advocated a full boycott against both DirecTV and AT&T, and his recent statements suggest he may make the effort a priority on the campaign trail in his bid for president in 2024.
Action You Can Take to Fight AT&T DirecTV's Censorship:
1. If you are a DirecTV customer call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air, or you can CANCEL!
- [When you speak to a live operator, let them know you are aware NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.]
- If you are an AT&T customer for any of their products or services, call them and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX or you will cancel. Call AT&T toll free at 888-855-2338.
2. Call your Member of Congress or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T and DirecTV's censorship of conservative media like NEWSMAX!
3. Go to our online petition and get more info at: IWantNewsmax.com.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been updated to clarify that Newsmax is the fourth highest rated cable news network.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.