A new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll reveals President Joe Biden’s approval rating has plunged to 43% — echoing similar results of other recent surveys.
The president’s approval was down 5 points from a September Harvard CAPS/Harris poll, according to The Hill, which posted the results.
FiveThirtyEight’s average of polls had Biden at 43% approval on Tuesday, while an NBC News poll, released Oct. 31, found his approval rating at 42%.
Here are how the results from the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll break down:
- 51% said they disapproved of Biden’s job performance and 6% say they are uncertain.
- 56% say the U.S. is on the wrong track.
- 57% say the strength of the economy is decreasing.
- 37% — a plurality of respondents — say their personal financial situation is worsening.
- 33% say they approve of Biden’s handling of the situation in Afghanistan.
- 46% say they would vote for former President Donald Trump if the election was held today, compared to 45% who would vote for Biden.
The poll, conducted Oct. 26-28, surveyed 1,578 registered voters. It does not report a margin of error.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.