President Donald Trump's approval ratings barely moved despite a stormy week that culminated with the "60 Minutes" interview of a porn star who detailed her exploits with the president, Politico reports.
A majority of voters believe Stormy Daniels' account and they don't care; Trump's approval ratings dropped just 2 points from last week, according to the latest Politico/Morning Consult poll.
The results, according to the survey:
- 42 percent approve of Trump's performance, down just 2 points from last week.
- 53 percent disapprove of Trump's performance.
- 56 percent believe Stormy Daniels and Trump had a sexual affair after he became president.
- 9 percent don't believe Daniels and Trump had a sexual affair after he became president.
- 46 percent have a more favorable view of Stormy Daniels after her CBS interview.
- 18 percent have a less favorable view of the porn star after her interview.
Further, 51 percent believe Daniels' account that she and Trump had a sexual affair before he became president, according to the survey.
According to the subset, most Democrats believe he did while most Republicans believe he didn't, but 50 percent or more of independents on both questions believe Daniels about her assertion of an affair before and after Trump became president, according to the survey.
Despite that, 46 percent of voters said the Daniels-Trump saga has not made a difference either way in their view of the president, according to the survey.
"The Stormy Daniels scandal has had little discernible impact on voter opinions of President Trump this month, "said Morning Consult Co-Founder and Chief Research Officer Kyle Dropp.
The poll was conducted March 26-27, surveying 1,997 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.