Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., said he isn't buying the argument that DirecTV purged Newsmax from its channel lineup as a cost-cutting or "business" move.
"If it was just about 'business,' that would make [AT&T and DirecTV] terrible business people," Good told Newsmax on Monday while appearing on "American Agenda."
"There's no reason why DirecTV wouldn't want to maintain, and keep on their platform, the fourth highest-rated channel" on cable, said Good, a member of the House Freedom Caucus.
"There's no business justification" for DirecTV dropping Newsmax, said Good, while adding it's "very concerning" to see left-leaning Big Tech or cable-TV entities "silencing" conservative voices — for no other reason than seemingly complying with some kind of "woke" agenda.
Good said he has reached out to senior leadership with AT&T and DirecTV to gather more information on Newsmax's removal last week.
Despite AT&T's "cost-cutting" rationale, DirecTV still carries 22 left-leaning news channels, many with low Nielsen ratings but still getting paid hefty license fees.
Actions to Take Now
1. DirecTV customers: Call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air. President Trump urges you CANCEL!
- Important: If DirecTV tells you we’re still negotiating, that is a lie! They have told NEWSMAX we will never be on a regular cable channel. DirecTV also replaced NEWSMAX with a channel that has no news and no ratings. Also, NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.
2. AT&T customers: Call toll free at 888-855-2338, for any of their cellphones, wireless products, or services, and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX. President Trump has urged you to cancel their services.
3. Call your congressman or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T/DirecTV’s censorship of NEWSMAX — ask them to give you a date on the hearings!
4. Go to our online petition and get more info at: iWantNewsmax.com.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.