Amid the choking censorship of conservative voices, as revealed in recent Twitter Files and DirecTV's axing of Newsmax, Rep. John Rose, R-Tenn., plainly laid out Tuesday that the conditions are now "ripe" for Congress to investigate.
"The American people deserve to hear divergent viewpoints, and a platform like Newsmax should not be taken away because some corporate executive thinks that the views are not matching up with what they may think, or what their circle of friends believes," Rose told Tuesday's "American Agenda." "So the speaker is right, and I think it probably is ripe for congressional hearings and consideration."
Rose's statement follows House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., remarks Monday night on "Spicer & Co."
"Newsmax should not be treated any differently based upon them being a cover conservative news outlet, and this is very concerning to me," McCarthy told co-hosts Sean Spicer and Lyndsay Keith.
"You're gonna see action taken because we believe it's responsible to allow everybody to have a choice of what news they want to listen to; what they want to hear. It really comes down to a free speech matter."
Actions to Take Now
1. DirecTV customers: Call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air. President Donald Trump urges you CANCEL!
- Important: If DirecTV tells you we are still negotiating, that is a lie! They have told NEWSMAX we will never be on a regular cable channel. DirecTV also replaced NEWSMAX with a channel that has no news and no ratings. Also, NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.
2. AT&T customers: Call toll free at 888-855-2338, for any of their cellphones, wireless products, or services, and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX. President Trump has urged you to cancel their services.
3. Call your congressman or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T/DirecTV's censorship of NEWSMAX — ask them to give you a date on the hearings!
4. Go to our online petition and get more info at: iWantNewsmax.com.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.