With AT&T and DirecTV having already deplatformed OAN and rejected Newsmax, the Trump family is taking note of the political bias — and liberal activism — behind the latest move to remove conservative voices from the public square.
"Outrageous: ATT just dropped Newsmax!" former President Donald Trump's eldest son Donald Trump Jr. tweeted Wednesday night. "It's time for Americans to return the favor and drop ATT. @PatriotMobile is the ONLY conservative mobile provider — use code 'DONJR' for FREE activation!"
DirecTV's cancellation of Newsmax early Wednesday morning comes one year after it deplatformed famed conservative network OAN — one of three conservative news options available on cable TV, compared to the 22 liberally biased networks AT&T/DirecTV carry and in some cases (like Vice News) are reportedly directly invested in.
A year ago, Trump Sr. called for boycotting AT&T and DirecTV for their efforts to minimize conservative voices at the behest of congressional Democrats.
"AT&T is closing the very popular One America News Network (OAN) because too many people are watching," Trump wrote in a Save America PAC statement. "They couldn't put up with that any longer.
"Conservatives/Republicans should boycott DirecTV, and while you're at it, Comcast's Xfinity as well. These are Radical Left Lunatics who are destroying our nation!"
Just one night prior during a Conroe, Texas, Save America rally on Newsmax, Trump Sr. blasted the political discrimination and censorship.
"If they shut down OAN, you should boycott AT&T and DirecTV," Trump told the January 2021 crowd, which he billed as the largest political rally in the history of the state of Texas. "You should, if they shut it down.
"People love it, and it's got a big audience. It's purely political."
Action You Can Take to Fight AT&T DirecTV's Censorship:
1. If you are a DirecTV customer call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air, or you can CANCEL!
- [When you speak to a live operator, let them know you are aware NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.]
- If you are an AT&T customer for any of their products or services, call them and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX or you will cancel. Call AT&T toll free at 888-855-2338.
2. Call your Member of Congress or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T and DirecTV's censorship of conservative media like NEWSMAX!
3. Go to our online petition and get more info at: iWantNewsmax.com.
About NEWSMAX TV:
NEWSMAX is the fastest-growing cable news channel in America!
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.