Florida Republicans' support is almost evenly divided between former President Donald Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis, according to a new poll by the Public Opinion Research Lab at the University of North Florida.
DeSantis got 44% support if the 2024 Republican primary for president was held today. Trump got 41% support.
The poll's total margin of error is plus or minus 3.74 percentage points.
Here are how the rest of the results, released Thursday, break down:
- 55% of all Florida voters favor DeSantis in a race for governor against Democrat Rep. Charlie Crist, who had the backing of 34%.
- 55% back DeSantis in a reelection bid against Democrat Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, who had 32% supporting her.
- 58% approve of the job DeSantis is doing as governor, while 37% disapprove.
- 46% back Republican incumbent Sen. Marco Rubio's reelection, compared to 34% who favor Democrat Rep. Val Demings.
- 39% of those polled approve of the job Rubio is doing in office, compared to 40% who disapproved.
The poll, conducted Feb. 7-20, surveyed 685 registered Florida voters.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.