Former President Donald Trump's campaign is urging the Republican National Committee to cancel the third GOP presidential debate.
The RNC's next presidential debate is scheduled for Nov. 8 in Miami.
"The Republican National Committee should immediately cancel the upcoming debate in Miami and end all future debates in order to refocus its manpower and money on preventing Democrats' efforts to steal the 2024 election," said Trump campaign senior advisers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita in a statement, The Hill reported.
"Anything less, along with other reasons not to cancel, are an admission to the grassroots that their concerns about voter integrity are not taken seriously and national Republicans are more concerned about helping Joe Biden than ensuring a safe and secure election."
The next Republican presidential debate is scheduled to be held a day after several states hold off-year elections, and GOP presidential candidates will be facing the most stringent requirements yet to take part, The Associated Press reported.
Participating candidates must secure 4% of the vote in multiple polls and 70,000 unique donors to earn a spot on the stage, the RNC said.
LaCivita told NBC News last week that Trump, who holds a commanding lead in polls over his party's rivals, will skip the event just as he had the first two debates.
"He isn't going," LaCivita said.
Jeffrey Rodack ✉
Jeffrey Rodack, who has nearly a half century in news as a senior editor and city editor for national and local publications, has covered politics for Newsmax for nearly seven years.
© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.