Jeb Bush has been campaigning since last summer and, with the primaries in full swing, he has a strong chance of consolidating a bloc of voters who dislike his boisterous rivals.
As the former governor of Florida, Bush doesn't lack for conservative ideas he's proven to work, and he knows how to express those ideas on the stump.
Gathered below are 12 of Jeb Bush's best quotes from the 2016 campaign trail.
Urgent: Do You Support Jeb Bush for the GOP Nomination? Vote Here Now
1. "His doubling down on this belief that my brother was responsible for 9/11, that he knew that there were no weapons of mass destruction . . . It felt like he was morphing into Michael Moore."
— On Donald Trump, Newsmax TV interview, Feb. 16, 2016
2. "What Donald Trump did was use eminent domain to try to take the property from an elderly woman on the strip in Atlantic City . . . To turn this into a limousine parking lot for his casinos is not the public use."
— Republican debate in New Hampshire
, Feb. 6, 2016
3. "Here is the truth you will not hear from our president: We are at war with radical Islamic terrorism."
— Speech at the Citadel military college of South Carolina
, Nov. 20, 2015
4. "With the highest rate set at 28 percent, we will have returned to the structure enacted in President Ronald Reagan's monumental and successful 1986 tax reform."
— Speech on his proposed tax plan
, Sept. 9, 2015
5. "While passions run high on this issue, there is no rational plan to deport millions of people that the American people would support."
— On deporting illegal immigrants
, Aug. 3, 2015
6. "I think we need to roll back the aggressive EPA for starters, not just as it relates to coal, but water and air."
— Virginia Senate Republican Caucus fundraiser
, Sept. 24, 2015
Urgent: Who Should the GOP Nominate in 2016? Vote Here Now
7. "I’m not a United States senator and thank God. I live in Miami, I’m outside of Washington."
— National Review Institute summit
, April 30, 2015
8. "I will strive to appeal Obamacare."
— Town hall meeting in Aiken, South Carolina
, July 22, 2015
9. "There are no Christian terrorists wandering around the world trying to take out peace-loving Muslims."
— CNBC interview
, Nov. 20, 2015
10. "All of us are deeply concerned that this president and Department of Education are intruding. We must say clearly . . . the federal government has no role in creating standards either directly or indirectly, and no role in the creation of content in the classrooms."
— Conservative Political Action Conference
, February 27, 2015
11. "Abortion should not be funded by the government — any government in my mind."
— Send North America Conference
, Aug. 4, 2015
12. "We were the first state to pass Stand Your Ground to enable citizens to defend themselves from attackers outside their homes. We also expanded concealed carry permits and provided reciprocity to gun owners in other states so they could carry while visiting Florida. As a result of our efforts to fortify our citizens’ Second Amendment rights, Florida today has more concealed carry permit holders than any other state."
— On the Second Amendment, Jeb2016.com
Vote Now: Which GOP Candidate Would You Support in 2016?
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.