Are you looking for fun yet healthy stocking stuffers to make your loved ones happy this Christmas? I’ve got some great ideas for you.
Here are some of my absolute favorite gifts that spark smiles among old and young alike.
• Fruit. Pears, apples, or oranges are great stocking stuffers.
• Stress balls. You know those squishy, rubbery things that you squeeze? They are phenomenal and inexpensive items that almost everyone I can use…some more than others.
• Spiral Slicer. Okay, this one is more for adults. It offers a good way to substitute veggies for pasta. How fun (and healthy) is that?
• Go nuts. You can’t go wrong with shelled nuts, which are filled to the brim with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, not to mention a plethora of essential minerals. Think the stocking receiver won’t like putting work into cracking the nuts? Try one of my favorite nut-based treats. They are oh-so-good and satisfying for those with a sweet tooth too. They are a protein and antioxidant packed snack that is a combo of pistachios and cranberries with a hint of sea salt!
• Journal. Again, this more adult-based but good for teens or tweens as well — especially if they are involved with sports. I recommend using a journal to track your food and exercise too. Make sure to include vitamins and meds you may take and how much water you consume. This is a great way to keep track of your health. If you have chronic pain, fatigue, digestive problems or stress. Track episodes in your journal too and you may see a pattern of how food choices relate to those ailments.
Happy Holidays to all! I hope it’s a great and health)season for you and yours.
© 2024 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.