It’s back-to-school time, so it’s time to provide your kiddos (and yourselves) with some healthy snacks. Here’s my 2019 back to school snack roundup.
• Setton Farms Seasoned Pistachio Kernals. The Setton family has made it even easier and more for you to enjoy pistachios by removing the shells and seasoning them with authentic spices. Available in Garlic Onion, Chili Limon, Chipotle BBQ, Jalapeno, and Salt & Pepper, there is a flavor for every palate. Each resealable bag is packed with three ounces of premium quality shelled and seasoned pistachios that are heart healthy, easy to enjoy on the go, and kid-friendly. With no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, these all-natural, seasoned kernels are a unique source of plant-based protein and make a great addition to almost any recipe.
• Roasted Chickpeas. Chickpeas are loaded with nutrients. Aside from being loaded with fiber and a decent amount of protein, chickpeas are an exceptional source of vitamin B6, iron and magnesium. Not a fan of the texture of chickpeas? I like to make them crunchy. All you need to do is roast them for 35 minutes. Visit my website for my honey dill roasted chickpea recipe.
• Apples with Nut Butter and Bananas. This is a fun snack to piece together. Slice up some apples, spread a thin layer of almond, cashew, or peanut butter and then add sliced bananas.
• Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with Raw Veggies. A lot of salad dressings and veggie dips at the supermarket are loaded with calories, fat, and even sugar. I suggest making a Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip and serve with sliced veggies or baby carrots. The dip is quick to make and loaded with protein. Head to my website for a recipe for this dip, which requires Greek yogurt, common spices, lemon, and mustard.
• Setton Farms Pistachio Power Blend. Setton Farms makes my list again! This super blend is sure to give your little ones the powerful boost they need for concentration. Setton’s premium-quality California pistachios take center stage and, when combined with antioxidant-rich berries and nutrient-dense almonds and pumpkin seeds, this snack achieves perfection.
Don’t let back to school season stress you out. These healthy snacks are quick and easy. They will give you and your kids the energy needed to make the transition back to the routine of the school year as smooth as can be.
Kelly Springer is the founder of Kelly’s Choice nutritional company. She’s appeared on many television shows, including Good Morning America. For more nutrition tips, visit www.kellyschoice.org and follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
© 2022 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.