Urinary incontinence is a troublesome problem for women, which forces sudden and frequent leakage of urine due to a variety of reason. Females usually develop urinary incontinence due to sudden contraction of the bladder muscles, leading to a sudden change in the bladder’s position and leakage of urine. Incontinence occurs due to any adverse change in the muscles and nerves that hold or release urine. Usually, this is caused with aging, but there are various other reasons that can lead to this problematic leakage in females. Any woman suffering from this condition is always searching for treatment to correct this leakage problem. Let us examine the best treatment for urinary irregularity caused due to bladder’s altered position.
Causes of Incontinence in Females
Treatments for Female Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence: This kind of urine leakage is mainly caused due to weakening of the bladder muscles or the muscles surrounding it. Here, the patient is unable to control the leakage of urine drops while coughing, running, vomiting, lifting, or even sneezing.
- Urge Incontinence: This problem arises due to bladder inconsistency. Here, the urinary bladder signals the brain about its being full of urine and its immediate immense urge to release urine. Females suffering from a urinary infection usually have a greater chance to show urge incontinence. Females suffering from a spinal cord injury also exhibit this urgent problem.
The various treatments available for urinary incontinence of urged or urine leakage in females are listed below.
Nonsurgical treatments: In case of an overactive bladder, or problems like leakage or urgent urge to urinate, females can seek nonsurgical treatments that include:
- Licensed drug Duloxetine is prescribed for stress urinary incontinence. Toxpium, oxybutynin, and fesoterodine are some other medicines prescribed in case of urgent need by the victim female.
- In emergency cases, females are advised to take collagen injections around the bladder.
- Pelvic floor exercises and reduction in caffeine intake can help prevent the urinary problems caused by an overactive bladder.
Surgical Treatments: Treatments through surgery provides the highest cure rate of female urinary incontinence. Such treatments involve:
- Usually females suffer from a dispositioning of the bladder after normal delivery or childbirth, which may lead to urinary incontinence. Surgical treatments can help in repositioning the bladder to its normal place and thus treat urine leakage or other urinary problems.
- Retropubic suspension is among the other effective surgical treatments. It involves placing sutures using surgical threads to support the neck of the bladder.
- Sling procedure is used to cradle the neck of the bladder to treat the problem of urinary leakage or urge urination.
- Kegel exercises, which flex the muscles and nerves holding control on urine release, can help in treating this urinary problem.
- Weight on the belly puts pressure on bladder muscles as well as on the pelvic muscles, which causes urinary incontinence such as leakage or urge urine. Thus, losing weight through exercises can be among effective natural treatments.
- Bladder training sessions can help you control urine leakage.
- Intake of excessive magnesium, vitamin D, or calcium help in proper muscle functioning and thus aid in the proper functioning of the bladder and pelvic muscles.
- In case you are addicted to smoking, quit.
- Acupuncture is among the great natural treatments for female incontinence or leakage and urge urinary problems.
With the above listed treatments, this adverse and irritating problem can be controlled.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.