Supplements help the thyroid function properly. Although a diet high in vegetables, whole grains, dairy products, fish, and meat can usually provide the nutrients necessary for a healthy thyroid, sometimes specific foods aren’t readily available, or you might not prefer to eat certain foods.
That’s when supplements come in handy. Without the time to prepare fresh, whole foods that deliver the full range of vital nutrients, supplements supply your body with vitamins, minerals, and herbs to boost thyroid function.
The thyroid is necessary to send hormones to cells for metabolism, energy production and other functions. Here are the 10 best supplements for the health of your thyroid:
Special: Doctor Reveals Super Foods That Will Boost Your Immunity Now
1. Selenium is necessary for the conversion of essential hormones the thyroid delivers throughout the body. A selenium deficiency could interrupt the thyroid’s activity, impairing physical and mental functions.
2. Iodine assists in the formation of thyroid hormones. People who are iodine deficient could suffer from the effects of hypothyroidism, low levels of hormones that could result in fatigue and other disorders.
3. Magnesium helps with the absorption of iodine and also offers other health benefits.
4. Zinc brings immune protection to the thyroid gland as well as helps with hormone production. Zinc deficiency has been linked to inhibited hormone secretion by the thyroid.
5. B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, assist the thyroid in producing energy. Vitamin B12 deficiencies have been linked to an underactive thyroid, according to Natural News.
Exciting Discovery: Effective Nutrient Formulation Surprises Scientists
6. Vitamin C is high in protective antioxidants that protect thyroid hormones and cells from damage.
7. Vitamin D deficiency may prevent the thyroid gland from secreting necessary hormones. Deficiencies in the vitamin have been found in people with underactive thyroid glands.
8. Vitamin A provides hormonal assistance for the thyroid, maintaining good levels of hormones.
9. Reishi mushroom supplements provide your body with immune system protection and also contain high amounts of selenium.
10. Licorice root has shown promise in treating fatigue, a symptom of an underactive thyroid, and it benefits the thyroid gland as well as the adrenal glands.
Exciting Discovery: Ancient Herb Offers Natural Thyroid Support
Thyroid Disorder Symptoms: What Are They?
What You Need to Know About Thyroid Blood Tests
© 2023 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.