Rosacea is a skin condition that causes symptoms such as redness, thickening of skin, and pimples. Rosacea is a long-term disease that may also affect the eyes. The face is the body part most likely to get affected by this skin problem. The disease is considered more common in women. Some associated symptoms are listed as follows:
- Swelling of the nose
- Frequent redness of the face
- Thicker skin
- Inflammation of the eyes or eyelids
- Small red lines under the skin
Causes of Rosacea
The precise cause of this skin condition is not known, but dermatologists believe that an expansion of blood vessels can cause flushing. Heavy exercise, exposure to heat, consumption of alcohol, menopause, emotional stress, extreme exposure to strong sunlight, and intake of spicy foods are some factors associated with rosacea.
Home Remedies for Rosacea
Though there is no cure for rosacea, home remedies are effective in reducing the symptoms associated with rosacea. Consult a dermatologist for proper acne treatment. The dermatologist can prescribe proper medication and cure for controlling your particular symptoms.
Home remedies can also prevent further infection. Some home remedies and treatments to cure the symptoms of rosacea are listed below:
- Green tea is one of the simplest home remedies helpful in acne treatment. This cure helps decrease inflammation and redness on the face and skin. Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective acne treatment useful for curing the symptoms of rosacea.
- White vinegar acts as natural disinfectant, making it one of the beneficial home remedies for rosacea. Dilute vinegar with water and apply the mix daily on the face to cure the symptoms.
- Prescription eye drops or artificial tears are useful home remedies for rosacea affecting the eyes. Eye drops containing cyclosporine are effective for the cure of irritation, dryness, and redness of the eyes.
- Skin care products such as sunscreens and moisturizers are helpful products for acne treatment. These skin products are useful home remedies that protect dry and sensitive skin.
- The most frequent home remedies include regular use of specific acne treatment skin creams. Metronidazole or azelaic acid are constituents of most skin creams used for acne treatment. This acne treatment is useful to cure symptoms of breakouts and redness.
- Oral pills are useful for acne treatment. Low-dose antibiotics like doxycycline are some pills beneficial for acne treatment. These are effective to cure redness and breakouts.
- The surgical process of cosmetic repair is helpful to treat severe cases of rosacea. This acne treatment is usually recommended as a cure for thickened or bumpy skin or scars on the nose or face.
- Lasers can be effective to cure the symptoms of skin damage caused by rosacea. Intense pulse light is another light treatment used for acne treatment.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.