Anyone who has ever experienced cystic acne has dealt with the nightmares of the painful deep acne and its scars. Cystic acne is formed when the sex gland is active, especially during late teenage years when the testosterone level increases dramatically. With increased testosterone, the sebaceous glands of the body start secreting more oil in the hair follicles. With the blend of oil and bacteria, infection starts. This causes nodulocystic acne, which penetrates deep under the skin tissues and ravages the body with unwanted scars even after the acne heals. Let us discuss some effective treatments and home remedies to get rid of cystic acne.
Treatments to Get Rid of Cystic Acne and its Scars
The treatment procedures used in handling mild acne are known for their popularity in the list of over-the-counter medications. Salicylic acid, resorcinol, sulfur, azelaic acid, Retin-A have been popular OTC drugs to help people get rid of mild acne.
In order to get rid of the severe cystic acne, a stricter regimen of treatments is required that include:
- Intralesional corticosteroid injections can get rid of or restrict inflammation caused by cystic acne. These injections prevent the formation of scars after the acne heals, unlike the rupturing of cyst that causes harsh pitting or scars. These are among effective treatments for cystic scars.
- Many oral antibiotics can help fight the infection caused by the bacterium responsible of cystic scars. Thus, antibiotics help as a treatment to avoid the severe form of nudulocystic acne.
- Women taking oral contraceptives have fewer chances to develop acne cysts. Contraceptives can help you get rid of severe acne and are thus counted among remedies for acne.
In case of the skin developing scars due to acne, use of anti-scar products can help treat scars. Skin toners, cleansers, whitening masks, and drying skin creams from good brands are helpful treatment measures for covering scar marks. However, by avoiding sun exposure and avoiding smoke, one can also get rid from the risk of developing deep scars from the existent cystic acne.
Home Remedies for Cystic Acne and Scars
This list can sum up effective home remedies used to get rid of scars. Effective home remedies for acne cyst and scars include:
- Egg mask as a home remedy is a popular treatment that helps get rid of acne easily. Honey masks are also effective in treating acne and scars.
- Baking soda is known for its antiseptic properties. It is also an excellent home remedy for the treatment of all kinds of acne and scar marks.
- Coconut oil is a hydrating agent with antibacterial properties. It is widely used as a home remedy to get rid of cystic acne.
- Drinking plenty of water can help your skin expel toxins and provide you with a scar-free, clean skin. This is also a natural remedy for cystic acne.
These treatments and home remedies can help you get rid of cystic acne and its scars.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.