Most women consider excessive face hair causes a loss of facial beauty. This makes facial hair rank among the greatest fears any female has. Uncontrolled or excessive growth of hair in the female face or hirsutism is among the most embarrassing factors for any woman’s self-perception. Women usually keep struggling against unwanted hair when facial hair starts appearing on their face.
Among the many ways of hair removal, there are comparatively few that can actually help you get rid of facial hair. Laser, electrolysis, waxing, and threading are treatment options for removing female facial hair. Among these, laser and electrolysis treatments are permanent ways to treat excessive growth of hair in the female face. Let us discuss various methods of hair removal that can help you get rid of hirsutism with an emphasis on permanent treatment measures.
Temporary Ways for Hair Removal
- Plucking: Removing hair follicles involves using tweezers. This is effective to get rid of facial hair from the chin and around the eyebrows in females. This hair removal measure must be undertaken only after consultation with an expert.
- Threading: Threading is one of the most common ways of removing female facial hair. It is an easy way to get rid of excess hair on the upper lip, eyebrows, or forehead. However, the disadvantages of threading are that it leads to acne and pimples on sensitive skin.
- Shaving: This is one of the most dangerous means of hair removal for women as it leads to an extremely thick growth and requires frequent removal. Hence, females should drop the razors and try other ways to remove facial hair.
- Waxing: The most common way of hair removal is waxing. This painful procedure uses resin-wax to get rid of unwanted hirsutism. Cold wax is considered a safer method to treat female facial hair.
Permanent Ways for Hair Removal
- Electrolysis: This permanent method of hair removal uses tiny needles to remove excessive facial hair right from the follicles. The needle slides down the hair follicles to the particular hair cells responsible for the overgrowth of hair. There are two forms of the electrolysis procedure for permanent hair removal. The first is the diathermy method, which involves use of an electric current in the needles used to get rid of female facial hair. Transdermal electrolysis is another form of the permanent electrolysis method where needles are not used, which is presently very popular.
- Laser: This is the best treatment to get rid of overgrowth of hair on the female face. This is a permanent way of hair removal which helps get rid of facial hair. In this permanent treatment method, a laser is used to disable the hair follicles permanently from producing unwanted hair. The use of a laser as a permanent treatment for hair removal is very effective because it can actually scan broader areas than electrolysis and can treat excess facial hair in fewer sessions. However, there are also few disadvantages of the permanent treatment procedures. These include chances of skin burns as well as temporary redness and swelling of the treated areas.
Apart from these means of hair removal, females can get rid of facial hair in some natural ways. The first involves using a turmeric and gram flour mask to remove facial hair. Homestyle waxing, which uses a homemade sugar-mix wax, can also help you to get rid of excess hair from a female face.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.