What do you think about, when you think of innovation? Do you imagine new technologies or cool new products that are introduced in the market?
The truth is however, that in order to remain relevant and stay competitive today, you really need to be innovative in every aspect of your business. Nothing will succeed if you don't have the right infrastructure to support it. Especially the people.
Without the right people in your business, it's difficult to stay ahead of your competition.
Your team is the foundation of building innovation into your business. Listen in and find out how you can bring the best and the brightest into your business and retain them once they're on board.
Today's guest, Chester Elton, is the number one best-selling business author and an expert on Organizational Culture, Employee Engagement and Leadership. He is the co-author of several books, including "All In: The Carrot Principle" and his latest, "What Motivates Me."
Listen in now (above) to find out more about culture and building a competitive edge.
Today, Chester talks to Susan about:
- The progression of his work over the last decade.
- The advantage of Organizational Culture in all stages of the organization.
- The culture that you want in your business.
- The really informed, smart and capable generation of Millennials.
- Some organizations that he thinks do a really good job and get it right.
- Staying true to who you are in your business.
- That there are great leaders in every industry.
- Recruiting for the right fit.
- The importance of the leader in shaping the culture.
- The critical importance for the mid-level and line employees to really understand the culture.
- Giving Line Managers the vision and the tools.
- What really makes his Personality Assessment different.
- Interesting insights he's found in his data on Generational Differences.
- You've got to know the players on your team.
- If you're happy at work, you're 150% more likely to be happy at home.
- The core human element speaks to all cultures.
Susan Solovic is a business expert, an entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author.
© 2024 Newsmax Finance. All rights reserved.