Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., in an interview with Newsmax on Tuesday said that DirecTV's decision to remove Newsmax from its network lineup is a fascist move.
Biggs said on "National Report" that he agrees with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who said yesterday that Newsmax was "punished simply because they are a conservative news outlet."
Biggs said, "I agree with that. I mean, and you see AT&T now saying, OK, we're going to … bring in one new conservative group, broadcasting station. Here's the deal with that, though, that is being done because we are pressuring them. And it's still something like 20-to-1 or 20-to-2 liberal to conservative.
"Why not let Newsmax get on there? Why not let OAN? Why not let the American people in the marketplace of ideas determine who's going to get the support? And when you censor this way, it is censorship.
The congressman went on to accuse DirecTV of removing Newsmax due to pressure from "people on the very powerful Energy and Commerce committees, Democrats saying, You should remove these groups from DirecTV, so they did. Odd, isn't it? And so that type of thing is censorship and that constitutes Big Government with Big Tech censoring conservative voices. That's fascistic in my mind."
Actions to Take Now
1. DirecTV customers: Call them toll free at 877-763-9762 and demand they bring NEWSMAX back on air. President Trump urges you CANCEL!
- Important: If DirecTV tells you we’re still negotiating, that is a lie! They have told NEWSMAX we will never be on a regular cable channel. DirecTV also replaced NEWSMAX with a channel that has no news and no ratings. Also, NEWSMAX's livestream is ending soon on other platforms, so unless you get it on DirecTV you will have to cancel their service.
2. AT&T customers: Call toll free at 888-855-2338, for any of their cellphones, wireless products, or services, and demand they end their censorship of NEWSMAX. President Trump has urged you to cancel their services.
3. Call your congressman or senator at 202-224-3121 and demand they stop AT&T/DirecTV’s censorship of NEWSMAX — ask them to give you a date on the hearings!
4. Go to our online petition and get more info at: iWantNewsmax.com.
About NEWSMAX TV:
NEWSMAX is the fastest-growing cable news channel in America!
Theodore Bunker, a Newsmax writer, has more than a decade covering news, media, and politics.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.