The Newsmax Rising Bestsellers list will do more than stimulate your mind. These reads may challenge your beliefs, broaden your perspectives, excite your curiosities, or widen your imagination.
These books may not necessarily appear on the official New York Times list of bestsellers, but they're the ones our Newsmax audience is reading, talking about, sharing with friends, and buying.
Here are the Newsmax Rising Bestsellers for the week of March 22, 2021:
- "What Your Doctor Won't Tell You: The Real Reasons You Don't Feel Good and What YOU Can Do About It" by David Sherer, M.D. (Humanix Books). The author of the bestselling "Hospital Survival Guide” discusses the daily decisions we make that affect our health, based on how we approach food, physical activity, our mental and emotional states, our interactions with others and our approach to accessing healthcare. These have profound effects on our physical, mental, and emotional states, he says. The book also provides a practical guide on how to speak to your physician and getting the most out of your visits to the doctor’s office. (Nonfiction)
- "Green Fraud: Why the Green New Deal Is Even Worse than You Think” by Marc Morano (Regnery). Morano, a former senior staffer on the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee and publisher of ClimateDepot.com, charges that the Green New Deal contains a far-left agenda filled with progressive policies disguised as a way to save the planet. He outlines his beliefs that the program will lay a path for "global governance,” resulting in less freedom, less sovereignty, massive government bureaucracy, and significant, crippling wealth redistribution. (Nonfiction)
- "The Politics of the Cross: A Christian Alternative to Partisanship" by Daniel K. Williams (Eerdmans). Where do Christians fit in a two-party political system? Williams, a professor of history at the University of West Georgia, looks at the partisan politics tearing apart American churches: The Christian Right, which believes a vote for a Democrat is a vote for abortion, sexual immorality, gender confusion, and loss of religious liberty; and politically progressive Christians, who claim the GOP is hateful toward immigrants and scornful of the poor. The author says both Republicans and Democrats have distorted Christian principles and mixed them with assumptions antithetical to biblical truth — but that there is a way they can renounce partisanship and pursue policies that show love for our neighbors to achieve a biblical vision of justice. (Nonfiction)
- "Mission Economy: A Moonshot Guide to Changing Capitalism" by Maria Mazzucato (Harper Business). The international economist delivers her take on modern capitalism, arguing that to solve the health, environmental, and social environmental crises facing us, we must fundamentally restructure capitalism to make it sustainable and driven by innovation. That means creating new markers of corporate governance, and ensuring that corporations, society, and the government all share a common goal." (Nonfiction)
- "The Cunning of Freedom: Saving the Self in an Age of False Idols" by Ryszard Legutko (Encounter Books). The chairman of the Conservatives and Reformists Group in European Parliament, argues that liberalism has warped the world’s view of freedom and, consequently, its political, moral, and metaphysical wellbeing. Being liberal has made us neither free nor happy, he argues. (Nonfiction)
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.