1. This Is the Fire: What I Say to My Friends About Racism by Don Lemon (Little, Brown and Company March 16, 2021)
"In this ‘vital book for these times’ (Kirkus Reviews), Don Lemon brings his vast audience and experience as a reporter and a Black man to today’s most urgent question: How can we end racism in America in our lifetimes?"
2. Chaos Under Heaven: Trump, Xi, and the Battle for the Twenty-First Century by Josh Rogin (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Chaos Under Heaven presents "the explosive, behind-the-scenes story of Donald Trump’s high-stakes confrontation with Beijing, from an award-winning Washington Post columnist and peerless observer of the U.S.–China relationship."
3. Lucky: How Joe Biden Barely Won the Presidency by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes (Crown)
"The inside story of the historic 2020 presidential election and Joe Biden’s harrowing ride to victory, from the #1 New York Times bestselling authors of Shattered, the definitive account of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign."
4. Kill Switch: The Rise of the Modern Senate and the Crippling of American Democracy by Adam Jentleson (Liveright Publishing Corporation)
“In Kill Switch, Senate insider Adam Jentleson contends that far from reflecting the Framers’ vision, the U.S. Senate has been transformed over the decades by a tenacious minority of white conservatives.”
5. Front Row at the Trump Show by Jonathan Karl (Dutton Books)
"An account like no other, from the White House reporter who has known President Donald Trump for more than 25 year…We have never seen a president like this...norm-breaking, rule-busting, dangerously reckless to some and an overdue force for change to others. One thing is clear: We are witnessing the reshaping of the presidency."
6. Our Time Is Now: Power, Purpose, and the Fight For a Fair America by Stacey Abrams (Henry Holt)
"From New York Times bestselling author of Lead From The Outside and political leader Stacey Abrams, a blueprint to end voter suppression, empower our citizens, and take back our country."
"It's a story that is one-part danger, one part action, and all true. It's a story about how and why we fight for our democracy and win."
7. Bag Man: The Wild Crimes, Audacious Cover-Up, and Spectacular Downfall of a Brazen Crook in the White House by Rachel Maddow and Michael Yarvitz (Crown)
"Is it possible for a sitting vice president to direct a vast criminal enterprise within the halls of the White House? To have one of the most brazen corruption scandals in American history play out while nobody's paying attention? And for that scandal to be all but forgotten decades later?"
"Based on the award-winning hit podcast, Bag Man expands and deepens the story of Spiro Agnew’s scandal and its lasting influence on our politics, our media, and our understanding of what it takes to confront a criminal in the White House."
8. To Raise a Boy: Classrooms, Locker Rooms, Bedrooms, and the Hidden Struggles of American Boyhood by Emma Brown (Atria/One Signal Publishers)
"How will I raise my son to be different? This question gripped Washington Post investigative reporter Emma Brown, who was at home nursing her six-week-old son when the #MeToo movement erupted. In search of an answer, Brown traveled around the country, through towns urban and rural, affluent and distressed. In the course of her reporting, she interviewed hundreds of people—educators, parents, coaches, researchers, men, and boys—to understand the challenges boys face and how to address them."
9. Ten Lessons For a Post-Pandemic World by Fareed Zakaria ( W.W. Norton & Company)
"Lenin once said, 'There are decades when nothing happens and weeks when decades happen.' This is one of those times when history has sped up. CNN host and best-selling author Fareed Zakaria helps readers to understand the nature of a post-pandemic world: the political, social, technological, and economic consequences that may take years to unfold."
10. Saving Justice: Truth, Transparency, and Trust by James Comey (Flatiron Books)
"James Comey, former FBI Director and New York Times bestselling author of 'A Higher Loyalty,' uses his long career in federal law enforcement to explore issues of justice and fairness in the US justice system."
Newsmax Liberal Bestsellers is based on the most recent NPD Bookscan sales data.
Read Newsmax Rising Bestsellers Here.
Read Newsmax Conservative Bestsellers Here.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.