The Newsmax Rising Bestsellers list will do more than stimulate your mind. These reads may challenge your beliefs, broaden your perspectives, excite your curiosities, or widen your imagination.
These books may not necessarily appear on the official New York Times list of bestsellers, but they're the ones our Newsmax audience is reading, talking about, sharing with friends, and buying.
Here are the Newsmax Rising Bestsellers for the week of Oct. 5, 2020:
- "One Vote Away: How a Single Supreme Court Seat Can Change History" by Ted Cruz (Regnery). The Republican senator from Texas, a former Supreme Court law clerk and one of the country's top Supreme Court advocates, takes readers behind the scenes of landmark constitutional battles, many of which he himself litigated, and reveals the power of a single justice to affect the life and liberty of every American. He argues how just one more justice on either side can preserve our liberties — or destroy them. (Nonfiction)
- "Ten Lessons for a Post-pandemic World" by Fareed Zakaria (W. W. Norton & Company). The CNN host looks at the realities of a post-pandemic world, and the political, social, technological, and economic consequences that may take years to unfold. The author writes in the form of 10 "lessons," covering topics from natural and biological risks to the rise of "digital life" to an "emerging bipolar world order." (Nonfiction)
- "Follow the Money: The Shocking Deep State Connections of the Anti-Trump Cabal" by Dan Bongino (Post Hill Press). The political commentator and former Secret Service agent describes what he says is the labyrinth of connections between "D.C.'s slimiest swamp creatures." Bongino says those include Democrat operatives, lying informants, desperate and destructive FBI agents, former President Barack Obama's power brokers, CIA renegade John Brennan and others — whom he charges conspired to attack President Donald Trump by manufacturing one bogus scandal after another. (Nonfiction)
- "God's Chaos Code: Donald J. Trump: The Ancient Code That Reveals America's Future and the Destiny of Nations" by Lance Wallnau and Mercedes Sparks (Carpenter's Son Publishing). This is the sequel to Wallnau's best-selling book, "God's Chaos Candidate," which predicted Trump would be in the office during a cultural civil war and economic crisis that would test the nation's ability to survive. As a pandemic now wreaks havoc and cities burn with roving mobs clawing at the symbols of their own national past, Wallnau explains why this is happening. He looks at ancient texts he describes as "God’s chaos code" and predicts what is coming next. (Nonfiction)
- "Elevated Economics: How Conscious Consumers Will Fuel the Future of Business" by Richard Steel (Fast Company Press). Entrepreneur and investor Steel details the coming changes in capitalism. He argues that our economy has become increasingly values-driven, and consumers have begun to care more about the principles of the companies from which they buy. He chronicles the rise of ESG — Environmental, Social, and Governance — practices and interviews Ivy League business school professors and top CEOs who actively follow the ESG model. (Nonfiction)
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.