The Newsmax Rising Bestsellers list will do more than stimulate your mind. These reads may challenge your beliefs, broaden your perspectives, excite your curiosities, or widen your imagination.
These books may not necessarily appear on the official New York Times list of bestsellers, but they're the ones our Newsmax audience is reading, talking about, sharing with friends, and buying.
Here are the Newsmax Rising Bestsellers for the week of March 8, 2021:
- “Unmasked: Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy’’ by Andy Ngo (Center Street). A journalist who has been attacked by Antifa writes a deeply researched and reported account of the group's history and tactics. Ngo, a journalist who has written for The Wall Street Journal and National Review, details how he was attacked by Antifa as he covered the violent street protests in Portland, Ore. He recounts the history of the violent extremist movement, with interviews of former Antifa followers and people who've been attacked by them. (Nonfiction)
- “Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media's Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption’’ by Alex Marlow (Threshold Editions). Marlow, editor-in-chief of Breitbart News, says the establishment media became weaponized against Donald Trump and his supporters on behalf of the political left — and, in turn, destroyed its own credibility with a relentless stream of "fake news." According to the publisher, Marlow reveals "the inner workings of how the establishment media weaponizes information to achieve their political and cultural ends." (Nonfiction)
- "Hope in Times of Fear: The Resurrection and the Meaning of Easter’’ by Timothy Keller (Viking). Keller, founder of the Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, explains the meaning of Jesus's resurrection for readers and the true meaning of Easter. "Christianity is rightly seen as a life-changing experience, but it will transform you only if you accept as facts that certain events occurred in history," the author explains. (Nonfiction)
- “2034: A Novel of the Next World War’’ by Elliot Ackerman and Admiral Jim Stavridis, USN (Ret.) (Penguin Press). Ackerman, a former White House fellow and Marine who served five tours of duty in Iran and Afghanistan, and Stavridis, a four-star admiral and former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, team up for this geopolitical thriller that imagines a naval clash between the U.S. and China in the South China Sea in 2034 — and the path from there to a nightmarish global conflagration. Robert Gates, the former Secretary of Defense under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, praised the novel as "a real page turner.’" (Fiction)
- “The Beirut Protocol’’ by Joel C. Rosenberg (Tyndale House). A top CIA operative and his team lead an advance trip along the Israeli-Lebanon border, ahead of a game-changing peace treaty between Israel and the Saudis is nearly done — only to be ambushed and kidnapped by Hezbollah and face execution on live TV. With the clock ticking, agent Marcus Ryker must decide whether he and his fellow captive should wait to be rescued or try to escape — and how? This is the fourth installment of Rosenberg’s bestselling Ryker novels. (Fiction)
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.